Tuesday, January 23, 2007

This year marks the 50th anniversary of Dr. Seuss' well known Beginner Book, The Cat in the Hat. Written with just 236 different words, it quickly became a children's classic.
Join us to celebrate the 10th annual "Read Across America Day" with special activities at the Babcock Library from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 2, 2007.
We'll start with at reading of "The Cat in the Hat" at 2:36 p.m. and continue with games, puzzles, prizes, refreshments, and additional readings throughout the afternoon.

What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Let us know and we'll share the results at the party!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember,as a child, how very proud of myself I felt after mastering all 236 words of The Cat in The Hat!!! I love all of his books and buy "Oh The Places You Will Go" for all the new graduates in my life.